Software Developer x 2
Location: Castlebar, Co Mayo, Ireland
Industry: Sports Software
We are currently recruiting two highly skilled Software Developers to join our expanding software company. SportLoMo is the largest sports software provider in Ireland. The software platform is used by sports bodies to manage 1000’s of sports competitions, Membership Databases, Sports Websites and Sports apps in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Portugal, Austria, UAE, Australia and New Zealand.
To support further expansion we are seeking two highly motivated individuals to join our existing development team. The positions will ideally be based in Mayo.
The West of Ireland is a great place to live and work check out www.lookwest.ie for more information on our location.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented PHP development
- strong MySQL experience
- ability to quickly understand existing PHP based systems and extend/adapt/improve
- experience with caching technologies (APC, XCache, memcached etc.)
- experience with version control systems (Git, SVN, CSV)
- be able to quickly conceptualise a given problem and demonstrate a disciplined and analytical approach to implementing a solution
- ability to rapidly absorb new technical information as required
- ability to work within a small tightknit team
- excellent communication skills
- Cake 3 an advantage.
- Linux Administrator skills an advantage (Apache, DNS, Iptables, SSH)
- cloud based architectures an advantage
- a knowledge / interest / understanding of sport is an advantage
- experience writing code for mobile devices a distinct advantage
- BA/BS/BEng degree in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
Salary is negotiable and will be very competitive for the location. Holidays and work hours are flexible.
This is an opportunity to join a very exciting company as it continues its international growth journey.
All enquiries and C.V’s in confidence to Seamus Kyne (CEO).
SportLoMo, Barcastle Industrial Park, Moneen, Castlebar
Tel: +353 94 9026663/94 9048045