Graduate Developer (2 roles)
Sportlomo is an extensive online platform leveraging a huge variety of technologies. This allows us to place a successful candidate on a particular project(s) that matches with his/her skills. The primary development language is PHP.
The new recruits will work with our Software Development team to assist in the development of new functionality for our application suite.
The candidates will require an ability to rapidly absorb new technical information and work within a small tight-knit team.
A clear desire to live and work in Mayo is important.
- PHP development experience.
- Cake 3, the PHP MVC framework, or MVC frameworks in other languages (Rails, Django etc.)
- RESTful API experience.
- Version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Unit testing.
- Knowledge/use of UNIX systems
- Cloud based architectures (AWS)
- Mobile Device development.
- Caching technologies (APC, XCache, memcached etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile Programming Methodologies
A knowledge / interest / understanding of sport is an advantage
- A degree in software development or related discipline.
- a knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Ability to work as part of a team & individually.
- Ability to deliver effectively against set targets under minimal supervision.
- A strong willingness and interest in learning new technologies.
Who will this position suit?
A graduate with a third level degree in software development or a related discipline. Suit someone who enjoys working with a small fast-moving company in a very interesting space (sport). A clear desire to live and work in Mayo is important.
This is an opportunity to join a very exciting company as it continues its international growth journey.