Hong Kong Hockey Association signed partnership with SportLomo.
Hockey Hong Kong will use SportLoMo solution to manage many aspects of their game. Some of the modules that will be used by HKHA.
- Player and Membership registration and management,
- Competition management,
- Umpiring and match official management,
- Electronic game management,
- Event management,
- Website design and management
Hong Kong Hockey
Hockey has been flourishing in Hong Kong since the 1930s. The Hong Kong Hockey Association (HKHA) was founded in 1933.
Affiliation with the English Hockey Association was achieved by 1935.
The first AGM was held on 31st July 1934. At that time there were 150 teams, both men and women, with some 2,500 players.
The HKHA is a founder member of the Asian Hockey Federation which was constituted during the Asian Games in Jakarta in August 1962.
In the 2018-2019 league season, there were 80 men’s teams in seven divisions and 49 women’s teams in five divisions, a total of 129 teams.
Hong Kong’s first exposure to hockey at the highest level was in 1958 when it hosted the visit of the India and Pakistan National Teams who were on their way home after the Asian Games in Tokyo.
The first International Tournament ever held in Hong Kong was the East Asia Regional Tournament in 1969.
Today Hockey Hong Kong is busy with National Squads, Youths, Womens, Mens, Veterans, Mini-hockey, Cup, League, Tournaments, Masters, Series Open, International Competitions, Invitational and Test Matches.
Over the years, Hong Kong have taken part in, and also hosted, a number of international tournaments:
- 2018 – The Men hosted a Triangular Tournament. The Men and Women took part in the 18th Asian Games Qualifiers, in Muscat and Bangkok respectively. Both the Boys’ and the Girls’ Youth teams participated in the Youth Olympic Games 5-a-side Qualifier in Bangkok. The Men’s and Women’s senior teams played in the FIH Hockey Series Round 1 in Singapore and the 18th Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 2019 – Hong Kong hosted the 2nd Masters Indoor World Cup where the Hong Kong Masters Men’s team in the 40+ age group acquitted themselves very well winning the Silver Medal. Hong Kong also hosted a joint invitational tournament – the 10th HK Quadrangular Hockey Tournament for men and the 5th Women’s Invitational Tournament. The Hong Kong Men played a 4-Match Test Series with Singapore in Singapore. The Men’s Junior team participated in the Taiwan Nantou International Men’s Hockey Tournament.
Congratulations to Valley A for winning the HKHAWS Premier 5-a-side Tournament this year! HKFC A were the runners up after a very competitive final which ended in a challenge shoot-out!
More Information on Hong Kong Hockey Association: